Connecting To Fretlight Apps:
1. Install Guitar Tunes
How To Pair & Use The Chord & Scale Library App
- Open Guitar Tunes.
- Open a video, song, Jam Ajong.
- Press the Fretlight Status button.
- Press the guitar's on/off button.
- Once the guitar connects tap "Done".
- Play your content.
2. Installed Fretlight Chords & Scales (Optional)
How To Pair & Use The Chord & Scale Library App (Click Image To Play Video)
3. Installed Jellynote (Optional)
Connect To Jellynote.
- Install the app.
- Open the app.
- Create, or log into, your account/profile.
- Tap Library.
- Tap on a Collection.
- Find a song with a guitar icon.
- Use the staff view.
- Tap the cogged wheel icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- Tap the "CONNECT YOUR FRETLIGHT" button.
- Once that button turns green your guitar is connected to the app.
- Tap the X on the top right.
- Press the Play button.
- You will need to reconnect the guitar everytime you open a song.
Make sure that your device has Bluetooth BLE 4.0 or higher and is running Android OS 6.0 or higher.
Check with your device manufacturer's website for its hardware specifications and if there is an available update to 6.0 or higher. If your device has an older version of Bluetooth there is no way to upgrade it as it is hardware based.
Make sure your Bluetooth is on.
- Pull down the notification drawer at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon to turn it on.
Reset the guitar and device to disconnect the guitar from any other Bluetooth devices.
- Hold the on/off button until all of the LEDs turn on, release the on/off button and the LEDs will turn off.
- Hard close any open apps, or turn the device off and back on, to clear out any apps that could be interfering with the connection.
Turn on the GPS or location service on your phone. (Not required by all Fretlight apps)
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Under "Personal," tap Location.
- At the top, tap the On/Off switch.